Friday, June 26, 2015

M.Roller.T - a Rimowa Collaboration


I've been wanting to share this with you guys since the day I got the project but the launch date is only in June which is now so here's the behind the scenes of how I did the luggage design.


I put together pieces of A3 paper to write down what I want on the luggage design, and all these names are the MRT lines of Singapore.


Since I have an empty space in my new house, I switched it to my painting studio over the weekend. I locked myself in there for hours blasting music while my new neighbors are fixing their house.


I taped all the sides with 3M scotch blue, my favorite masking tape, matches my pants too. If you are wondering why is there a screw driver, I just bought it so I can open the paint tin.


Here's the front view of the luggage, I had to wait for paint to dry before proceeding with the rest.




After a couple of days working on it, I didn't want to return the luggage.


So tempted to bring it along for traveling, cause tourist are going to look at it and go what is GOMBAK, and SENGKANG is it your friend? Pretty good conversation starter.


But eventually, I had to give the artwork up and here's what I have of it.



It will be exhibited from now to 31st July at the Mandarin Gallery store, alongside other amazing luggages by @puffingmuffin @phonenomenon, @angsarlee @fleecircus @colinchen.jpg @geoffang @heyrozz @leonleonfoo @kevinseahbespoke and @keithpngtl.


No comments:

Post a Comment